Tuesday 7 September 2010

Initial Work: Proposal for Advanced Portfolio

Name: Ceiridwen Fowles

Title of Brief: 
Teaser Trailer for A 'Coming of Age' Comedy Film for Older Teens to Late Twenties

Outline of ideas: 
My film trailer will be a short sequence of a comedy film. It will involve a very small number of people - a maximum of three - and would be quite stand alone. As it is a teaser trailer, not much of the story will be revealed, however audiences will get a glimpse of the characters and situations involved in the film, as well as the light tone.

Auxiliary Products: 
I will create a film magazine as well as a film poster to accompany my trailer.

Target Audience: (age, gender, socio/economic group)  
I will be creating a film for a female teenage audience, as I feel most comedies that are 'coming of age' are for females. The audience will be from mid-teens to early twenties of most socio/economic groups.

How will your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? What is your inspiration? 
I think my product will aim to conform to most of the conventions of films of a similar genre as that formula of film has proved very successful in the past. However, my protagonist may seem different from the average protagonists of films. 

How will your main product and ancillary texts compliment each other? 
I feel that my product should have a dominant recognizable character, which may not be achieved in a teaser trailer. I therefore hope that the ancillary texts will enable me to further develop that character identity.

How will you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?
I will use video recording materials and editing programs in construction, which could include iMovie and photoshop. I will also use internet sites like imdb.com and youtube.com to see which films and trailers are popular to attempt to see a pattern and code to follow when creating my product. I will use research and ideas collected from other medias in my planning of the package I will create.
How will you incorporate the following concepts?

Genre:
I will show the genre by the mise-en-scene and noise, both diegetic and non-diegetic, in the trailer, as well as the films they are grouped with in the magazine and the names of directors and stars of the film.
Narrative:
I will show part of the narrative in the poster and suggest things in the trailer and front cover, however as this would be a teaser package I would not give too much away.
Representation:
I would show representation of the characters in their costumes and actions as well as the photos in the posters and front cover.
Audience:
I would show which audience to appeal to with the front cover and the type of magazine it is, as well as the other films featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment